It is a new year; a fresh start; a time to begin new plans. Even though you may make some great new goals for yourself, most will fail. In fact, a staggering 80% of New Year’s resolutions fail by the second week of February!
So how can you set yourself up for success in 2018? Well, perhaps instead of goals and resolutions, you decide to create new habits to help you both in your personal and business life. I can’t necessarily help in your personal life, but I may be able to help on the business side. According to the European Journal of Social Psychology it takes an average of two months to form a habit, so my first piece of advice is to start with something small. Or if you want to start with something big, break it down into smaller bites. You know how to eat an elephant, don’t you?
Here are some small ideas that can make a big impact in 2018 for you.
- Ask every one of your clients about their life insurance plan. You can ask something like “When was the last time your life insurance was reviewed” or “Now that we have your car and home taken care of, what about your loved one’s financial future” or “If you had a money-making machine in your attic, would you insure it? Well did you know you are the money-making machine and we can make sure you and your family are protected”.
- Try using some new technology. Go online and “drop a ticket” the next time you have a client that wants to apply for term life insurance. It will save you time, again and again.
- Ask each of your business clients if they have their key people covered against their loss. An easy term insurance sale can be the solution.
- Get to know the added benefits of term life insurance. Not all term life insurance is alike. You may have better conversion options with some. You may have living benefits for Chronic Illness on others. Some may not require a paramedical exam. It is good to know for your clients’ sake.
- Get to understand the excuses for not owning life insurance and overcome them.
- It’s too expensive – Most Americans, in fact, 8 in 10, overestimate the cost of life insurance by almost 3 times. Let’s get you a quote and see if the cost will fit for you.
- I won’t qualify – How do you know if you don’t try!? There is no cost to applying for life insurance, and you don’t have to pay for it until you accept the policy. All it takes is a bit of time.
- I don’t like needles – Neither do I! Luckily today there are some carriers that no longer require you to get poked!
- They will be fine – fact is more than ¼ of households would have immediate trouble paying living expenses if the primary wage earner died.
Repetition is what forms great habits, so remind yourself each morning that you are going to ask every one of your clients about protecting the ones they love in 2018. Remember as well that you are not alone. You have a great team here at BBA Life Brokerage that has your back. Now go out there and make 2018 your best year ever!!